By assigning a Referrer by URL to a user, we allow the user to access the Virtual Library without logging in or logging in. The most common cases are when they are sold access to an institution for all students to enter through the network of the same or to integrate with an additional platform such as an intranet.
In order to be able to use this function you must contact us via mail or using your library’s control panel chat to enable it, then you can continue with the configuration yourself.
1) Before starting the configuration we must have the Referred URL that we want to assign. If the case is for an institution, we must ask this previously the URL or URLs from which the users will be referred.
There are 2 cases of use:
- Direct: is the same URL you see on the last screen the user accesses before being redirected to the Virtual Library.
- Proxy or redirection: the final URL is different from the one you see in the navigation bar, it can be by a final redirection before leaving your environment or because it is modified by a proxy.
2) Indicate the URL of the Library that the client should use to redirect users from the site where the redirection will take place. This address must be placed in the Button or Link where the user clicks to read. (Ex: if you are in the campus of the university, you must add a button or link like “Access the virtual library of …”).
It will use the URL of your Library and at the end it will add the corresponding path as shown below:
– URL /auth/referrer
Tip: you can use direct links to your publications as follows: https://tubiblioteca.com/auth/referrer?intended_url=https://tubiblioteca.com/reader/comportamiento-organizacional-1/
3) Identify that client with a user in the platform and enter the data received from the client. For this we will do the following:
Create a user in the Virtual Library to which the specific plan for that client will be assigned.
2. From Control Panel -> Users create the user (or search for it if you already had a user created)
3. Click on the button indicated by a down arrow next to Edit and select Assign References by URL.
4. Add the URL received only in the field and click Assign. This must be repeated for all the different URLs from which you want to access. Some considerations to take into account when adding URLs:
- We can add the main URL from where it will enter followed by a * (asterisk) and this way the system will work for any URL that starts with that same URL. Ex: www.institucion.com/*
- The referenced URL must contain the protocol https:// or http:// at the beginning of the url.
- For greater security, direct access should be used on a platform with access to registered users. It prevents it from being open to the general public.
4) Ask the customer to do the test to verify that it has been well done. if at the time of validating it does not work properly, we recommend following the steps below:
Confirm with the institution that the indicated URLs are correct and correspond to the last URL from which the users leave. Especially when they use proxy it often happens that many times they communicate a URL that is not the same as the one through which the users finally leave.
Verify that the institution has correctly added the URL to send users to the Virtual Library. Remember that it must have at the end the extension /auth/referrer -> Ex: www.mibibliotecavirtual.com/auth/referrer
3. Log in to Control Panel -> Users, search for the user to whom the URL has been assigned, go to Edit and set the number of simultaneous Sessions of that user to be a high number or the one that has been conversed with the institution. If this field has no value, after the third test on different computers, it will fail and will not allow you to enter via URL. It is recommended to set high values
If with these verifications it is not possible to identify the fault, we invite you to look at this other tutorial with an advanced check to be able to verify if that URL is being well sent.
Remember that you can define the number of simultaneous sessions of your users in order to take more advantage of this functionality.
I hope this tutorial has helped you, if you have any questions just write to [email protected]
The support team of publica.la