Modifying the domain of your Virtual Library will allow users to access it in a personalized way that is easy to remember and search engine friendly.
Please note: make sure you have access to the domain administrator where you currently have your main domain in case you want to use a domain related to it.
1 ) Login to your Control Panel -> Settings -> Basic Settings
2) Copy the data of the URL that appears in the field “subdomain”, you will need it later for this configuration.
3) Now you must leave your library and go to your domain administrator where you have registered your main domain you are going to use (example: www.yourdomain.com). Once there you must create a CNAME record pointing to the subdomain obtained in the previous step.
“Standard” steps in your domain administrator:
- Sign in to the account you have with your domain provider.
- Locate your DNS settings. Find your domain administration area, DNS settings, or a similar feature.
- Change your CNAME record www to point to your subdomain (example: name-of-your-library–123.app.publica.la). Most of the time you have to enter only the prefix without the dot, but for some domain providers, you need the full subdomain. Use the existing entries as a guide or follow your provider’s instructions. CNAME records should always point to a domain name, not to an IP address.
- Save the CNAME record (usually by clicking “Save” or “Add Record” or a similar action).
It can take up to 48 hours for your personalized domain to point to your library.
You can check that everything went well by using https://www.whatsmydns.net/#CNAME/, it will tell you if the domain is pointing to your library correctly.
4) We return to the control panel of your library to finish configuring your final domain. You must enter in the final domain field, the domain configured with CNAME record (example: digital.yourdomain.com)
5) Save the changes and use your new domain.
- If you want to point your main domain example.com to your store, you must create a subdomain like www.example.com (where the subdomain will be “www”) and make the CNAME with that domain. Then create a redirection from example.com to www.example.com
- In order for your reader to have a better experience and search engines to have no problem finding your final domain, we recommend that they do not have the characters – or _.
Now that you know how to change your domain go ahead, let this be the way to identify your library.
We hope this tutorial has been helpful if you have any questions write to our chat panel or to [email protected]
The support team of publica.la