With PayPal, you can receive payments for the sale of your publications individually, by prepaid plan and for subscriptions in dollars, euros and Mexican Peso.
In order to connect, you must have a PayPal account and obtain the information detailed below.
What Information Do I Need To Connect My PayPal Account?
You must log in to your PayPal account control panel and get two pieces of information: Client ID and Secret Key.
These keys are different from your PayPal username and password and you will be able to access them once you have logged into your account, then I’ll show you a way to get it. If you can’t get it with these instructions, you will have to contact PayPal for help.
1) Go to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/ -> search the REST API apps section and click “Create App“.
2) Inside the Create New App menu, you are going to create an App.
3) Click on “Live” in the upper right and you will see the data requested above: Client ID and Secret. (To see the Secret you must click on Show, just below Secret).
In case you want to get your credentials to use the test mode and test the entire payment flow, the option you must select is Sandbox and use the data they tell you in this mode.
Now I will show you step by step how to add it in your Virtual Library:
1) Go to Control Panel -> Settings -> Payment Methods
2) In the Configure your payment methods section you will first have the option to Enable test mode. If you activate it, the keys that you will have to enter next are those of Test Mode and it will allow you to make plans and test the sale flow as if it were active but it will not allow you to sell.
To set up your account now to start selling, you must leave it unchecked.
3) Click on PayPal and add the data previously obtained in your PayPal account.
4) Click Save
All right, your collection account is set up.
I hope this tutorial has been helpful if you have any questions just write to us at [email protected]
The support team of publica.la