Modify the order and way you display your posts to give more visibility to the content you want to display first. You will be able to modify the color of the carousel, the order of them and choose which taxonomy you will show in each one.
We show you how to do it step by step:
1) Go to Control Panel -> Settings -> Library -> Carousels
Here you will have to configure two aspects: the background color of the carousel and the order of them.
2) Select the background color you want to use for the carousels, you can click on the color box and you will be displayed the color options or put your own HTML color code to use, for example, the color of your brand.
3) Choose the type of order you want for your carousels:
- Personalized: you will choose which categories to show in each one
- Annual: you will be automatically ordered with a carousel for each year, taking as date the one you have uploaded in each of your publications.
- Monthly: it will be ordered automatically with a carousel for each month, taking as date the one that you have loaded in each one of your publications.
Tip: Annual and Monthly options are the most used for Newspapers or Magazines while personalized for Books or other publications.
4) If you chose the Annual or Monthly option, just click “Save” and you are done. If you chose the Personalized option, proceed to the next step.
5) Click Add Carousel as many times as you want to add carousels. You can do it later if you want, just remember that each carousel you add will be added above the list.
6) In each of the carousels you have added you will be able to select what type of content you want to show. For this there are 4 different types:
– Taxonomy: you will be able to choose between all the taxonomies you have about which you have loaded data in your publications. Ex: category, publisher, author, or whatever you have created. Select the Taxonomy (Ex: Matter) and then the Term within that category you want to show. (Ex: History)
– Free: add a carousel with all your free publications.
– Latest posts: add a carousel where the latest uploaded posts automatically appear.
– Years: add a carousel for a particular year.
7) Sort the carousels as you like. If at the time of creating them you did not take into account their order, do not worry, you can order them manually. Here is a gif of how to do it:
I hope this tutorial has helped you, if you have any questions just write to [email protected]
The support team of publica.la